US Public Health Signs: What Do They Inspect?
USPH inspectors do go around the whole cruise ship. This means US Public Health Signs must be placed in several locations on the ship. Here are what they inspect commonly:
- Medical facilities, including medical logs and documentation of surveillance for gastrointestinal illness
- Water supply, including disinfection and distribution processes
- Pools and spas, including filtration and disinfection systems, general maintenance and safety
- Food provisioning, storage, preparation and service areas, including evaluation of employee health and personal hygiene
- Child care centers, including diaper changing stations, toilets, hand washing stations, disinfection systems, and infection control procedures